Nowadays, people have always been talking about diet. There are several kinds of diet plans with different characteristics. One of the popular kind of diet programs is called Low Carb and Keto Diet (or Ketogenic diet). This diet is well known for its effective effect to reduce weight rapidly in safe way. Just like its name, in this diet, people are suggested to consume very low carbohydrate and high-fat food to lose weight. High-fat? Yes, it is. How does consuming high fat make you lose fat? So this is how it works. When your body has low carbohydrate, it will automatically use your fat to build ketone and produce energy. Then, your body will lose weight and fat at once. This diet is also helpful to avoid diabetes, cancer, alzheimer, and epilepsy risks.
Initial Guide to Planning Low Carb and Keto Diet
Normally, daily fat consumption in the body is limited around 20-30%, while in Carb and Keto Diet the suggested fat to consume is around 60-70%. Then, the carbohydrate needed is only 5% from normal daily intakes. That amount does not fully meet the daily intakes of vitamins and minerals, therefore 20% protein consumption is recomended as a replacement.
To be more specific, the following are the list of some food and beverages that are recommended when doing Low Carb and Keto diet.
Some Typical food you should avoid when doing Low Carb and Keto diet:
- Sugar (soft drinks, fruit juices, smoothies, cakes, ice cream, candies)
- Grains (rye, spelt, wheat, rice, barley and their processed products)
- All kind of alcohol
- High-carb fruits (almost all fruits except small fruits like strawberry)
- Legumes and beans
- Tubers or high-carb vegetables (carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.)
- Several oil and sauces (corn oil, soybean oil, ready sauces in store, etc.)
- Dietary food (they usually contain very high sugar)
Some food suggested to consume when doing Low Carb and Keto diet:
- Meats, fish and eggs (lambs, salmon, bacon, beef, tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Nuts and seeds (wallnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- Low-carb vegetables (tomatoes, green vegetables, garlics, etc.)
- Low-carb fruits (avocado, strawberry, etc.)
- Full-fat dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, etc.)
- Healthy fat (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.)
Several reccomended beverages when doing Low Carb and Keto diet:
- Water (always reccomended)
- Coffee (pure coffee without sugar, creamer, etc.)
- Green tea (pure tea without sugar, creamer, etc.)
Low Carb and Keto Diet Plans
As mentioned above, the key to do this diet is quite simple: avoiding sugar or carbohydrate and consuming high fat food. So, here are examples of suggested ketogenic meal plans for beginners:
- Breakfast: Omelet with low-carb veggies, fried in butter, and avocado.
- Lunch: Shrimp salad with some olive oil.
- Dinner: Chicken breast, fried in butter with low-carb vegetables.
- Breakfast: Full-fat milk, and eggs fried in coconut oil.
- Lunch: Salmon salad with some olive oil.
- Dinner: Steak and low-carb vegetables.
- Breakfast: Bacon, low-carb vegetables, and milkshake.
- Lunch: Meatballs and green tea.
- Dinner: Low-carb vegetables beef soup.
- Breakfast: Omelet, fried in butter and avocado.
- Lunch: Chicken salad with some olive oil.
- Dinner: Leftover meatballs soup and low-carb vegetables.
- Breakfast: Omelet, fried in butter, almonds and yogurt.
- Lunch: Cheeseburger (bunless), and low-carb-vegetables.
- Dinner: Chicken roasted with low-carb vegetables.
- Breakfast: Eggs, fried in coconut oil and full-fat milk.
- Lunch: Pork chops with low-carb vegetables.
- Dinner: Chicken tomato soup.
- Breakfast: Omelet with low-carb veggies, fried in butter, and milkshake.
- Lunch: Tuna salad with some olive oil.
- Dinner: Tomato basil chicken
So, what do you say? Wanna give this Low Carb and Keto Diet a try?